Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Reminder to self: Take care of yourself

The last few weeks have been horribly overwhelming rather hectic.  It is very very easy to be sucked into the pressure at work and to forget to take care of myself.  While for my own sanity I need to stick with my dramatic pronouncement yesterday that I am not making any social plans any time in the near future, I do need to start making my doctors appointments a priority again.  Unfortunately, this is easier said than done because I have gotten used to my reduced schedule of doctors appointments and because I no longer have a part-time schedule at work.  However, it is important enough to make it happen regardless of the discomfort it might cause in my work schedule.

To Do List:
  1. Acupuncture for baby well being, my hearing, back pain and anxiety.
  2. General practitioner - for annual check up and for my racing heart, dizziness, other general complaints.
  3. Monthly OB/GYN appointment to check up on the baby
  4. ENT to discuss and check my hearing, discuss my balance, determine how my changes in circumstances might affect my hearing and balance
  5. Hearing aid dispensory - FIX MY BROKEN HEARING AID --- It has been broken for more than a month now and it sucks!
  6. Find a way to start fitting exercise back into my schedule.  It was one of the things that helped my balance the most (aside from occupational therapy).
Now that I've just put my medical record out there on the internet ... lets see if I listen to myself.  I've already made my first acupuncture appointment for this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment