Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Tea Party - Take Two

Tea was such a success last week that we decided to go all out and do a REAL tea party with the girls.  I woke up on Sunday at 6:30am to get myself up to the Bronx to meet the family.


This was a big day for the girls because it was their first time taking a subway in the city!  During our ride from the Bronx to 72nd street they got to witness two subway preachers and a flute player.  The girls gave him some change because they enjoyed the music.



When we finally got to Alice's Tea Cup, there was a long wait for a table so we stopped by Central Park for a bit.  On the way to the park the girls tried on some shades.  They were pretty awesome!


At the park, the girls had fun running and climbing on the giant rocks.  So did I and auntie T.


When we finally got our table at Alice's, I think we all agreed that it was worth the wait.  The scone flavors were Buttermilk, Ham & Cheese, Pumpkin, Raspberry Chocolate and Mixed Berry.  The girls had the "Wee Tea", but there was nothing wee about it!


I think the girls enjoyed the scones as well as their grilled cheese a peanut butter and jelly sandwiches!



All in all, I'd say the Tea Party was a success!  Look at the refined ladies enjoying their tea (and notice the little fingers in the air).


But don't worry, this was supposed to be a fun day, so it wasn't all rules and refinement!



Of course the day's activities weren't over after the tea party!  T had the brilliant idea that we should continue the day of "culture" by taking the girls to Little Shop of Crafts for some art.




We were a little enthusiastic when getting the paint and we had a minor accident.


Luckily, the paint was water based and rinsed right out!  After such a long day, I was exhausted.  After an afternoon nap, I still went to bed early that night.  Looks like I wasn't the only one who was exhausted!


Thanks T, L and nieces!  I had a great time on Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment