Friday, August 28, 2009

Actively kicking my butt, one squat at a time



I bought a Wii and Wii Active about a month ago and have been using it periodically to supplement my workouts at the gym. Yesterday, I used Wii active with my mom. We did lots of squats, some inline skating, boxing, etc. All day yesterday, my legs were a little fatigued but not bad. This morning, they were even more tired. Now, about 24 hours after finishing a 45 minute wii active work out my legs are SORE. Every step brings a little twinge of discomfort. My thighs, butt, back, and arms are all sore - but a good sore. The kind of sore that lets you know you actually worked out and did something good for yourself.

For anyone who is looking for a workout program or just something to supplement their already existing workout program, I highly recommend wii active. The programs have a good balance of cardio and strength training, and the programs are varied enough to keep you from getting bored. Sometimes it is hard to get the positioning of the nunchucks just right, but with a little practice you will zip through the exercises.

No comments:

Post a Comment